Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Dog lover!!

Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

We've Moved!

So finally, after the much hectic week, we moved into our new apartment over the weekend. We now live in the beautiful Stuyvesant Town, Gramercy Park of Manhattan. What can I say about our new place? It's like Central Park in our backyard:-) We were really good with the move this time; considering we've now moved thrice after we got married:-) But really, we did an amazing job! Elwyn and I make a great team; I can say proudly! The movers came to our old apartment on Saturday morning and moved everything for us into our new apartment. We were in our new apartment with all of our things moved by 5:30 pm. We were tired, exhausted and hungry! So, we went out to have dinner at this really sweet Belgian restaurant close to our new home and later we did a little bit of "walking around the new neighborhood" for an hour or so. We were back home at 8 pm and off to sleep!! Yes, I think this was the first Saturday of our lives when we woke up at 6 am and went back to sleep at 8 pm:-)

On Sunday, we didn't wake up till 7 am which means we slept for a good eleven hours like babies. We spent the whole morning unpacking and unpacking and unpacking. We stopped only for a short lunch break at 1 pm. And then got back to more unpacking. But guess what? We were done with all the unpacking and organizing our new home by 5:30 in the evening yesterday. We couldn't even believe we were completely done so soon because normally settling down in a new home is a process. It takes at least a week to unpack and then a week to organize the stuff and for some people it can even take forever! No kidding!! But we are all set and so happy in our new home already! The only thing we are waiting upon right now is having our cable, phone and Internet services to be set up. So where am I blogging from right now? I am at a public library, close to where I work, at the moment, typing away with a smile on my face. I just couldn't wait till tomorrow night for the wireless Internet to be set up at home and then blog. After all, we need to use our public libraries once in a while:-) I am putting them to good use!!

We also did have a really nice picture of the two of us taken at our old apartment just before we left on Saturday. I will post it when I blog tomorrow night from home. I am not too sure how safe my pictures would be on a public computer!

Now that our move is well completed and we are perfectly settled in our new home; what's next? Walley will be home in less than 2 weeks and the countdown begins- Ten days to go!!!

No comments: